1. Place the document or photo print side down on the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid. If your printer has an automatic document feeder, use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. Important: Do not load photos into the automatic document feeder as they may not feed properly and could be damaged or cause a jam.
2. Open HP Easy Scan or search your Mac for the term “scan”, and then click HP Easy Scan from the list of results. HP Easy Scan will open.
3. From the Scanner drop down menu, select your printer name.
4. Select the appropriate scan job type from the Presets menu, and then click Scan.
5. A thumbnail of the scanned item will load in the left panel. To adjust the colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size, click the thumbnail and then click Edit.
6. When you are finished editing, click Send in the bottom right corner of the window, and then click Folder.
7. Change the file name in the Prefix field, click Where to select the folder where you would like it to be saved, and then click Save.