When a toner cartridge approaches the end of life, you are prompted to order a replacement. You can continue printing with the current cartridge by rocking the toner cartridge to redistribute the toner until it no longer yields acceptable print quality.
Replacing the empty cartridge
1. Rotate the cartridges to access the cartridge that needs replacement.
• LCD Control panel: Press the Rotate Cartridges button to access the cartridge that needs replacement. The control panel indicates the cartridge that is accessible in the rotation.
• Touchscreen control panel: Touch the Supply icon for the cartridge that needs replacement. The cartridges rotate to the cartridge you select.
2. Lift the scanner assembly.
3. Open the top cover.
4. Remove the toner cartridge.
5. Remove the new toner cartridge from the bag. Place the used toner cartridge in the bag for recycling.
6. Grasp both sides of the toner cartridge and distribute the toner by gently rocking the cartridge.
7. Grasp the toner cartridge by the center handle, and then pull the protective plastic shield straight off the cartridge.
Do not touch the shutter or the surface of the roller.
8. Bend the tab on the left side of the cartridge until the tab breaks loose. Pull the tab until all the tape is removed from the cartridge. Place the tab and tape in the toner cartridge box to return for recycling.
9. Align the toner cartridge with the tracks inside the product, and then insert the toner cartridge until it is firmly seated.
Compare the color label on the toner cartridge to the color label in the carousel slot to make sure the toner cartridge color matches the carousel position.
10. Close the top cover.
11. Rotate to the next cartridge that needs replacement.
• LCD Control panel: Press the Rotate Cartridges button to move to the next cartridge. Repeat this process until you have finished replacing toner cartridges.
• Touchscreen control panel: Touch the Supply icon for the cartridge that needs replacement. The cartridges rotate to the cartridge you select. Repeat this process until you have finished replacing toner cartridges.
The top cover must be closed to rotate the cartridges.
12. When the cartridges have been replaced, close the scanner assembly.
HP 130A toner cartridges are now available!