Have you just replaced your toner cartridge, but your printer is telling you it still needs to be replaced? Is your printer telling you that your toner cartridge is empty, but there is still toner remaining and you want to use every last bit? Follow these simple steps to manually reset the counter on your Brother MFC-9130cw and clear the message to replace the toner and continue to print.
Please note that when resetting the cartridge counter, your toner cartridge may run out of toner suddenly and without warning because it no longer has a proper accounting of how many pages you have already printed with the cartridge. It is advised to always have backup cartridges available to avoid unnecessary delays.
1. Ensure the printer is switched on.
2. Open the printer lid to reveal the toner cartridges.
3. Press and hold the Asterisk key for five (5) seconds.
4. Select the color of the cartridge you wish to reset:
• K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
5. Select the Capacity of the cartridge you wish to reset:
• STD = Standard Capacity, HC = High Capacity, SHC = Super High Capacity
6. Reset? Will appear on the screen. Select “Yes”.
7. Close the printer lid and print normally.
Cartridges for Brother mfc-9130cw:
Brother tn-221 black
Brother tn-225 cyan
Brother tn-225 magenta
Brother tn-225 yellow